Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center: Protecting Employers and their Workforce:
The Dixon Associates Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center is a collection of news and resources assisting our partner clients in their efforts to proactively address the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 is an international, national and MA public health emergency transmitted mainly from person to person through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneeze. In full preparation, our team will continue dedicating our best in class resources and tools to help our partner clients, their businesses and employees stay on the forefront of this global pandemic.
We will continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 and will remain following guidance from appropriate government health organizations. Our firm has instituted restrictions on domestic and international business travel as well as any regularly scheduled in person meeting and events. Additionally, we have approved and implemented formalities exercising mandatory Work-From-Home guidelines for our colleagues and staff.
We fully recognize no contingency action strategy can sufficiently eliminate the disruption of temporary service interruption. During this time, our teams key focus is to safely continue advising, educating, communicating, and supporting our partner clients with superior service.
Please continue to refer back to the COVID-19 Resource Center for reliable updates.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Materials:
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease, which provides recommended workplace strategies for employers and guidance on how to decrease COVID-19 spread, information on how to respond to outbreaks, and additional resources; and
- Public Health Response to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 Outbreak, which provides a chronological timeline and summary of the virus, cases reported in the United States, and the agency’s public health response to the illness.
The CDC has also created the following posters for download:
- What you need to know (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- What to do if you are sick (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Stop the spread of germs (English, Spanish, Chinese)
- Symptoms of coronavirus (English, Spanish)
- President’s Coronavirus Guidance: 15 Days to Slow the Spread
- Workplace, School and Home Guidance
- See all CDC print resources
Department of Labor (DOL) Materials:
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) has created a resource page for workers and employers. The DOL’s Wage and Hour Division has posted these posters and guidance:
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers
- View Federal Law Alert – COVID-19 and Employee Retention Credit (white paper)
- View Federal Law Alert –Temporary Rule: Paid Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Paid Leave Requirements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Paid Leave Rights
- REQUIRED Poster: Employee Rights: Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice – Frequently Asked Questions
- COVID-19 and the American Workplace
- Fact Sheet #70: Frequently Asked Questions Regarding Furloughs and Other Reductions in Pay and Hours Worked Issues
- COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers
- COVID-19 and the Family and Medical Leave Act Questions and Answers
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Materials:
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has created a landing page entitled What You Should Know About the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and COVID-19, which provides links to resources and guidance.
Health and Human Services (HHS) Materials:
In response to COVID-19, the Office of Civil Rights for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) issued a bulletin regarding HIPAA Privacy and COVID-19.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has issued the following:
- IRS Extension of Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines for Employers (6.1.20)
- Coronavirus Tax Relief
- COVID-19 – Related Tax Credits for Required Paid Leave Provided by Small and Midsize Business FAQs
- Employee Retention Credit for Many Businesses Financially Impacted by COVID-19
The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) Accommodation and Compliance: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage links to resources for employers regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and coronavirus.
The National Governors Association (NGA) Coronavirus: What You Need to Know web page tracks state initiatives and provides other data.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Materials:
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has created a COVID-19 website for workers and employers that addresses the disease and provides guidance and other resources for preventing exposure to and infection with the virus.
Topics covered include:
OSHA has also issued the publication Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19.
Small Business Administration Materials:
The U.S. Small Business Administration has issued guidance entitled SBA Disaster Assistance in Response to the Coronavirus, explaining how the SBA is offering designated states and territories low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Also see Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources.
Dixon Associates Strategic Resources:
- Webinar Recordings:
- ThinkHR COVID-19 Resource Center
- Webinar Recording: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act and other COVID-19 Updates Webinar (3.24.20)
- ThinkHR upcoming webinars and resource
- Q&A Session Recording: The Families First Coronavirus Response Act and other COVID-19 Updates Webinar (3.25.20)
- COVID-19 FAQ Page: – Fisher Phillips
- See Fisher Phillips home page for links to State-specific issues, Legal Alerts and Guidance, Templates and Forms, and Resources for Essential Businesses.
Additional Dixon COVID-19 Employer Materials:
- FAQ – Health Plan Coverage under the FFCRA and COVID-19 Aid, Relief, & Economic Security Act (updated 5.1.20)
- Extension of Certain Timeframes for Employee Benefits Plans, Participants, and Beneficiaries (updated 4.30.20)
- Dixon Associates, Inc – COVID-19 FAQ: Answers to Frequently Asked Employer Questions During COVID-19 (updated 4.29.20)
- Issuer Flexibility for Utilization Management & Prior Authorization Due to COVID-19 (updated 4.27.20)
- NEW IRS Form 7200 FFCRA Tax Credit News (updated 4.21.20)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Leave Department of Labor Temporary Regulations-Part 1 (updated 4.8.20)
- The CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program (updated 4.2.20)
- The CARES Act, FFCRA Amendments and Benefit Provisions (updated 3.31.20)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (updated 3.26.20)
- Health Savings Accounts: What You Need to Know (updated 3.11.20)
- COVID-19 FAQs
- Sample Communication to Employees (COVID-19)
- Sample Emergency Family and Medical Leave Policy
- Sample Emergency Paid Sick Leave Policy
- Sample Essential Business Letter (COVID-19)
- Sample Furlough Letter (COVID-19)
- Sample Telecommuting Agreement
- Sample Telecommuting Checklist
- Sample Work from Home Agreement
- Sample Acknowledgement of Receipt for Company-Issued Property